What is CAP?
The Nebraska Client Assistance Program (CAP) is a free service to help you find solutions if you are having problems with any of the following programs:
- Nebraska VR
- Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Centers for Independent Living
CAP acts independently of any agency which provides services to you.
What Can CAP Do For You?
- Assist you in applying for or receiving services
- Teach you how to make requests to the agency or counselor
- Refer you to other agencies if needed
- Negotiate a resolution
- Mediate disputes
- Advocate for you with the agency
- Present requests to the agency on your behalf
- Solve communication problems
Your Rights as a Client or an Applicant
- to make informed choices about your job goal, services, service providers and ways of getting services
- to be involved in the development of your plan
- to have a parent, family member, guardian, advocate, or an authorized person help develop your plan if you want or need this support
- to receive services in integrated settings
- to a review of any decision
Do You Have Questions or Concerns About the Services You Are Receiving?
Contact the Client Assistance Program (CAP)
Client Assistance Program
301 Centennial Mall South, Box 94987
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509
471-3656 V/TT or
in Nebraska but outside Lincoln, toll free:
Hotline For Disability Services
The Hotline provides information and referral to Nebraskans who have questions or concerns related to a disability. This includes information about rehabilitation services, transportation, special parking permits, legal rights, and any other questions related to a disability, call: 1-800-742-7594 V/TT, (Lincoln) 471-0801 V/TT or e-mail email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on this Web site is only intended to be general agency/program summary information that is made available to the public. The Client Assistance Program does not endorse any of the agencies or programs listed on this Web site. Conclusions drawn from, or actions undertaken on the basis of this information listed are the sole responsibility of the user. All of the information on this Web site is believed to be accurate and reliable, however, the Client Assistance Program assumes no responsibility for any errors appearing in the information. The Client Assistance Program is aware there are additional resources that are not listed here. Please feel free to call 800-742-7594 if you would like to recommend a listing for the Directory.